I do apologise for the lack of posting, but I’m currently in year 13 and I have tons of homework, coursework and on top of that I am stressing about waiting for universities to reply; this year is just a pain in the ass.
I saw Priya from PriyaPiggle do the would you rather book tag, and I thought I would do the same thing!
1. Would you rather read only trilogies or stand-alones?
Most of my favourite books are parts of trilogies or series, but I usually tend to only like the first book. That being said, I also have a few stand-alones that I absolutely love so I really cannot choose!
2. Would you rather read only female or male authors?
It doesn’t really make a difference to me, most of the time I don’t even look at the author’s name unless I genuinely liked the book and would like to read more of their work.
3. Would you rather shop at Barnes & Noble or Amazon?
Definitely a bookstore, Waterstone’s is the best! It’s great because you can ask one of the employees who work there for suggestions and also shopping online is just boring.
4. Would you rather all books become movies or T.V. shows?
It totally depends on the book, for example I cannot see The Fault In Our Stars as a T.V. show and neither can I envision The Vampire Diaries as a movie. As a rule of thumb though, stand alone books work much better as movies.
5. Would you rather read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
If I had the time, definitely 5 books per week; but at the moment I can barely even read the books I’m supposed to read for school (English literature A level will be the death of me).
6. Would you rather be a professional reviewer or author?
My absolute preferred profession is to be an author; I love writing fiction and I suffer from withdrawal when I don’t write for long periods of time (like right now). I just absolutely love the idea of having my books read and enjoyed by people, and to maybe be the reason why someone fell in love with reading.
7. Would you rather only read your top 20 favourite books over and over or always read new ones that you haven’t read before?
I actually hate re-reading books, its just so boring and pointless to me so I’d definitely choose to read new ones!
8. Would you rather be a librarian or book seller?
They’re both basically the same thing, but probably a bookseller??
9. Would you rather only read your favourite genre, or every genre except your favourite?
I am guilty of predominantly sticking to one genre (dystopian/fantasy), so I guess I wouldn’t mind just reading that, however I do love YA fiction so I would miss reading that.
10. Would you rather only read physical books or eBooks?
Physical books are definitely the best, but sometimes if I’m traveling its just more convenient to take my kindle.